The project is run by the Ministry of Health in partnership with: The National Authority for Quality Management in Health (ANMCS), the National Health Insurance House (CNAS) and the National School of Public Health, Management and Improvement in the Health Sector Bucharest (SNSPMPDSB).
Funding source: Structural Funds through the Operational Programme for Administrative Capacity (OPAC) and own resources
Project duration: 3 years (2019-2022)
Improving the quality and efficiency of public services in the Romanian health system by supporting the process of sectoral decentralisation, promoting public integrity and accountability in the spending of public funds.
- Increase the capacity of decentralised health sector institutions to take over all health system functions.
- Promoting quality and integrity in the services provided by the Romanian health system.
- Support the implementation of the coordination mechanisms of the 2008-2010 SNA and future anti-corruption strategy papers.
- Limiting the possibilities of misappropriation of funds from the health system through fraud in public procurement, contracting and misappropriation of assets and the corruption associated with this.
- Strengthen the degree of cooperation between the institutions involved in developing and monitoring the implementation of decentralised health policies and those involved in their implementation.